Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Character Design Projects and Three Pages of Work

Just a warning before you continue reading: There are a lot of pictures in this post. You have been warned.

Last quarter, I took Character Design for Animation and Digital Coloring and Lettering. Those classes were fun and there were a LOT of work last quarter.

This is the final project for Character Designs: make up our own story and create characters out of them. Then take two of them and make the turnarounds and expressions. I did mine based on the five mystical beasts in Asia. Shapes and posture were emphasized.










This was an earlier assignment that made us work with a franchise. I took Bruce Timm... and took Justice League Unlimited. I had ninja and samurai (go figure...) and this is what I did.






That... was done by hand. The original was done digitally with Photoshop CS4 and CS5. I think I also remembered my hand cramping after all of that.

This is the final for Digital Coloring and Lettering. The title for this is called "Monogatari"- inspired by the ghosts and creatures from Japanese folklore.







As usual, enjoy the images and criticisms are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment